ToP Strategic Planning
Description: Teaches how to facilitate participatory strategic planning resulting in group consensus and plans that are actually implemented. This methodology is especially useful with larger groups of stakeholders and groups holding diverse ideas. Strategic plans using this powerful process can be accomplished in as little as two days. Weaves the powerful ToP® Facilitation Methods into an integrated approach to strategic planning. The resulting plans are realistic, achievable and easy to monitor.
Provides step-by-step instructions for the five phases of developing a strategic plan:
- Preparation and Design
- Practical Vision
- Underlying Contradictions
- Strategic Directions
- Focused Implementation
- Identify well-focused actions that lead to big breakthroughs.
- Weave together the basic tools to address complex meeting requirements.
- Lead a structured planning process that results in concrete accomplishments.
- Experience, practice and learn to facilitate the complete strategic planning process.
- Aligns members around common goals and long-term strategies.
- Enables a group to commit to a common vision and own the resulting plan.
- Motivates groups and organizations to take focused action.
- Generates high levels of participation and commitment.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Those needing to collaborate with large numbers of stakeholders to develop long-term strategy quickly
- Executives, managers and organizational leaders who depend on others for successful implementation of organization strategies
- Board members, educators and individuals responsible for leading organizations into the future
- Facilitators and strategic planning consultants
- Local, state, and federal leaders and program managers
Course Length: Two days
Prerequisite: ToP® Facilitation Methods