Katie Mothersell, BA
Katie brings 13 years of extensive marketing strategy and project management experience for social marketing, public outreach, media, and public relations campaigns. She leads message and creative development, media strategy, outreach and stakeholder involvement, partnerships, special events, research, outcomes metrics, and development of websites and mobile apps under her supervision and management. Katie has particularly honed an expertise in applying digital marketing and behavior change conversion strategies to public health and safety campaigns.
- Founder/CEO – BOULDER Communication, LLC
- Consultant/Account Supervisor – Sagent Marketing
- Account Manager – Astone/Crocker/Flanagan
- Account Executive – Dondero & Leonard
Competency Areas (examples given below)
- Integrated Marketing & Communications
- Leveraging public relations, advertising, communications and digital strategies to develop and implement omni-channel marketing programs focused on behavior change and issue engagement.
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Utilizing data-driven approaches and marketing technology tools to develop, measure, and optimize omni-channel online marketing programs.
- Market Research
- Generating insights from analysis of secondary research sources and data, as well as conducting primary market research including key informant interviews, message testing, audience analysis, and surveys.
- Public Outreach, Community Relations & Stakeholder Engagement
- Developing community relations strategies to inform, engage and influence target audiences and stakeholders through meetings, workshops, webinars and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities – University of Colorado, Boulder
- American Marketing Association
- International Association of Business Communicators
Professional Certification and Awards
- Gold Award, CAL FIRE One Less Spark Infographic Series, California State Information Officers Council, 2015
- Influence Award, Caltrans Be Work Zone Alert Community Relations Campaign, Public Relations Society of America, 2015
- Crystal Award, Caltrans “Slow for the Cone Zone” educational outreach, International Association of Business Communicators, 2011
- Excellence in Transportation Award, “Fix I-5” outreach campaign, Caltrans, 2010
- Excellence in Transportation Award, “Slow for the Cone Zone” outreach campaign, Caltrans, 2006
- CAL FIRE, Ready for Wildfire Statewide Public Education Campaign – Project lead for statewide wildfire prevention, preparation and education campaigns. Included public outreach strategy, partnership development, creative and message development, media strategy, website development, social media, as well as online and mobile applications.
- Caltrans, Statewide Highway Work Zone Safety Campaigns “Slow for the Cone Zone,” “Be Work Zone Alert,” “Move Over Law” – Project lead for statewide multi-media advertising and outreach campaign for work zone safety. Included strategy and implementation of all campaign activities, including message development, media, creative, public outreach, social media, website and mobile applications. Audiences include new teen drivers, Hispanic and general driving public.
- First 5 Placer – Communications strategy and execution for promoting early childhood development, health and safety programs and messages in Placer County, including stakeholder engagement, event planning, website development, and social media.
- Lake County Health Leadership Network “Wellness Roadmap” Report – Communications and content strategy, editing, design and research for a comprehensive community health report to increase understanding of health and wellness outcomes, and initiate solutions-oriented engagement among county stakeholders.
- Roseville Electric Utility – Project lead for branding and advertising campaign to promote value and trust perceptions among customer audiences. Includes messaging and promotion of an Electric Rate Assistance Program (ERAP) to low-income residents.
- First 5 California – Project lead and content editor for a research report on hard-to-reach populations including low income, and multi-ethnic, and culturally appropriate communication strategies for each audience.
Local, State and Federal Government
Health & Medical Institutions & Affiliated Organizations