ToP Consensus Workshop
Description: The ToP® Consensus Workshop Method leads to consensus-based group decisions that respect diverse perspectives, create joint resolve and inspire individual and group action. All ideas are valued and synthesized to create the consensus. Consensus is built by using a methodology to help participants see new relationships among ideas and step-by-step building of group agreement. Skilled facilitators can achieve basic consensus outcomes in as little as forty-five minutes and richly detailed products within two hours. This structured process engages people in getting to consensus and building solutions that everyone agrees with. This method is helpful in integrating diverse ideas to build agreement on practical and creative solutions. Participants learn the methods in an interactive demonstration and then practice using the method with their own selected topics. This tool has thousands of applications and can be used in many settings.
- Build practical team consensus on any issue or topic.
- Honor all ideas so all participants are valued contributors.
- Generate creative solutions in a short amount of time.
- Infuse the team with a sense of cohesion, accomplishment and responsibility.
- Integrate thinking (rational and intuitive).
- Facilitates respect for group members and the wisdom each person brings.
- Enables shared power and accountability.
- Increases effective use of resources.
- Provides a structured process for progress.
- Results in a high level of engagement and commitment.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Those who wish to truly engage others in reaching shared agreement
- Business leaders
- Local, state, and federal leaders and program managers
- Strategic planners
- Team leaders
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
Course Length: One day
Prerequisite: ToP® Focused Conversation