Christine Mattos, MSOD, PCC
Christine Mattos is a professionally Certified and Credentialed Executive Coach, leadership developer and trainer, meeting facilitator, public speaker, change management specialist, interpersonal and team builder, program designer, motivation/retention specialist and workforce developer. She has served over 200 clients in over 2,000 professional coaching hours (supporting managers and leaders within nearly two dozen public agencies), provided leadership and management development coaching toward achieving behavioral and organizational goals to public and private sector organizations in California. Christine has served as a leader and mentor internally in government human services and public education agencies, large non-profit organizations and in the private sector. She initiated change management, communications, training, and human performance initiatives related to a variety of health and human services agencies in California and for complex, large-scale implementation projects for small organizations and for a State of California project involving 28,000 employees.
- Owner and Founder, Coaching Leadership Institute – Masterful Strategies (leadership coaching, facilitation, and management consulting practice), 2/07-present
- Professional Leadership/Executive Coach and Facilitator, University of California, Davis Extension, Center for Human Services, California State University, Fresno, and additional contracts, 4/13-present
- Support Manager, State of California: Department of Social Services, Communications Manager, State of California: Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, 11/08-4/13
- Associate Director and Director for Head Start AmeriCorps Project, KidZKount: Placer Community Action Council, Inc., 6/05-11/08
- Chief Operating Officer and Training Division Manager, Prevent Child Abuse California, Inc., Child Abuse Prevention Council of Sacramento, Inc. & Community School Solutions of California, Inc.,7/02-6/05
- Organization and Human Performance Organizational Development Consultant, Accenture (formerly known as Andersen Consulting), 10/00-5/03
- Statewide Technical Training Center Manager and Organizational/Marketing Manager, Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 4/96-8/00
- Professional Certified and Credentialed Executive Coach
Drastically improve productivity and accountability of groups of managers in work environments where the same staff learned to meet all objectives for high visibility projects through interpersonal skill development, motivation, mentorship, and communication skill enhancement that encouraged relationships built on trust, in addition to providing crucial conversation-related training and support.
- Leader and Mentor
Bring innovative leadership development and creative customer-centered service solutions to constituents via one-on one and group coaching sessions, interactive workshops, complex meeting facilitations, and motivating teams toward goal achievement through training, implementation science consulting and integration, workforce planning, and leadership development activities.
- Leadership Competency Modeling
Use Leadership Competency Models and Behavioral Indicators for professional development for supervisors and managers to enhance the impact of quality training and application of management and leadership skills.
- Change Management
Provide professional service consulting to senior organizational leaders, participate in the implementation of large and smaller organizational restructures; conduct organizational assessments and strategy recommendations, identify and recommend areas for improvement and created action plans including determination of priorities and benchmarks.
- Interdepartmental Team Building
Facilitate interdepartmental team building; initiate and present communication and management workshops; create and administered training needs assessments and intervention designs for programs.
- Organizational Development
Design and deliver key organizational development strategies for large public agencies, develop networks of trainers to support and deliver services to educators and statewide managers and staff.
- Masters of Science in Organizational Development, Pepperdine University (Master’s Thesis in Leadership), 2000
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, California State University Bakersfield (graduated with honors), 1994
- Active Member of International Coach Federation (Associate Certified Coach credential, Professional Certified Coach credential and candidate for Master Certified Coach credential (anticipated 2018)
- Elected Officer, Sacramento International Coach Federation Board of Directors (2015-2017)
- Leadership Coach and Trainer/Facilitator for California State University Fresno Foundation (present)
- Organizational Coach and Leadership Trainer for Head Start Programs in Placer/Nevada Counties (2006-present)
- Facilitated Business Management Courses for University of Phoenix (2008-2013)
- Elected Board Member, Spirit of Coaching (2008-2010)
- Facilitated “Learning Conversations” for Placer County First 5 (2007-2009)
- Served as a member on the Executive Committee of the Sacramento County Children’s Coalition for the Sacramento Board of Supervisors (2003-2008)
- Served on California’s County Child Welfare Redesign Accountability Workgroup (2003-2006)
Professional Certification and Awards
- Professional Coaching Credential and Membership, International Coach Federation, 2009
- Alumni of Coaches Training Institute International Co-Active Leadership Program, 2013
- Certificates in Organizational and Life Coaching (2-year intensive program), Academy for Coaching Excellence, 2008
- Certificate in Workplace Mediation, Mediation Training Institute, 2002
- Certificate in Whole Life-Work Coaching, Coaches Training Institute Coaching School, 2001
- Certificate in Personnel Consulting, Orange Coast College, 1995
- Certificate in Mediation, The Mediation Center, 1993
- Art of Coaching
2014-Present: Introduce leaders to coaching principles and practices to further their leadership of staff in public service during three full days, including individual coaching sessions for each participant during a two-month span of time.
- The Leadership Challenge
December 2016: Provided post-workshop coaching to directors and managers seeking to improve their leadership skills.
- Head Start Program Performance Standards Implementation
The Early Childhood STEM Institute: March 2017: Six-hour session on The Coaching and Learning Organization: Strategies for Achieving Extraordinary Outcomes with Staff and Families.
- California Department of Social Services
- UC Davis Extension, Center for Human Services
- California State University, Fresno
- Head Start and Early Head Start Managers, Nevada and Placer Counties
- Region IX Head Start Association (western states)
- Butte County
- Colusa County
- Contra Costa County
- El Dorado County
- Marin County
- Napa County
- Sacramento County
- San Benito County
- San Joaquin County
- Stanislaus County
- Tehama County
- Trinity County