Accelerated Action Planning
Description: This training provides the process, templates, and tools to quickly organize a group or small team to develop a workable plan to accomplish a specific objective that has been already been approved in concept. Participants learn to energize and align a team toward a common goal in the time it takes to have a regular staff meeting. Includes all the practical details to ensure a successful project. This process is especially useful for small teams of 4 – 10 members who are planning a project within the next few days, weeks, or months. The process is perfect for planning either a project or an event. Projects should be tangible and specific. This might include an event, a work project, formation of a team, writing a report or developing a grant proposal.
Most useful for projects that are:
- DOABLE – Tangible project or event. Possible to do given timeframe and resources.
- DISCRETE – Separate and distinct. Can be considered individually.
- DEFINED – There’s a general understanding of what needs to be done and the desired results.
- DECIDED – There’s already consensus that this project or event should happen.
- Learn an accelerated eight-step, action planning process.
- Receive an action planning tool for a small team to quickly develop a high-level plan.
- Acquire tools to lead a fast and engaging planning session.
- Produces a comprehensive high-level action plan in just two hours.
- Creates a highly motivated team willing to take action.
- Gets a team on board quickly to develop a plan to address an emergency or priority need.
- Motivates the team to embrace the plan.
- Enhances confidence in quickly attaining a successful plan.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Those who need to work with or lead small groups to create effective organization plans
- Community leaders
- Team leaders
- Local, state, and federal leaders and program managers
- Facilitators and consultants
Course Length: Half Day