Meetings That Work
Description: Using a mix of theory, real-life experiences, and hands-on application, this course teaches practical tools to design and lead effective meetings that are productive rather than frustrating. These tools transform boring meetings into energizing events focused on priority topics that move vital projects forward, create full participation that utilizes the expertise of everyone in the room, and maximizes input, decision making, and commitment. The diversity in the group becomes one of its greatest assets.
This course has four modules:
- Creating participatory meetings: participation at its best, levels of involvement in decision making and facilitating brainstorming.
- Planning agenda items: agenda design and creating facilitation plans to address each agenda item.
- Designing meetings and events: keys to healthy communication, preparing for meetings and creating meeting designs.
- Facilitating meetings: stages of the group’s journey, social styles, the facilitator’s role, dealing with challenging situations and personal action planning.
- Learn 74 meeting tools and techniques.
- Create a participatory environment.
- Learn the S.T.E.P.S. to a better meeting: space, time, eventfulness, products and style.
- Gain confidence as a facilitative leader.
- Transform meetings to energizing events people want to attend because they get vital information and participate in important discussions.
- Move vital projects forward.
- Maximize input, decision making and commitment.
- Create good products, high commitment and immediate action.
- Participants become clear on the tasks, and leave committed to results and action.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Those beginning their facilitation journey
- Those who lead or attend many meetings
- Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning
- Project managers responsible for organizational operations and project implementation
- Community leaders who are planning and implementing action campaigns
- Local, state, and federal leaders responsible for program development, project implementation, and policy formation
Course Length: Two days