ToP Action Planning and Accelerated Action Planning
Description: This course teaches the Action Planning Process from the ToP® Facilitation Methods course. The Action Planning Process is usually led by a facilitator to plan longer and more complex projects or events. It can take a half day to a day to develop the full action plan. An example of an appropriate use of the full Action Planning process would be planning the development and building of a new facility. This would include outreach, design, funding and construction. If participants express the need for a small team tool, the Accelerated Action Planning Process may also be taught. The Accelerated Action Planning process can be used by a small team of non-facilitators to plan a single event or project using commercially available templates. The plan can usually be developed in just two hours. An example of an appropriate use of Accelerated Action Planning would be planning a grand opening ceremony for the new facility.
- Build consensus about project implementation among various stakeholders.
- Learn two collaborative tools to develop action plans.
- Organize task teams, assignments, and an implementation timeline for meeting project deliverables and coordinating progress.
- Generates commitment from the whole team.
- Builds shared understanding and commitment.
- Energizes team for implementation.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Those who need to lead both small and large groups to create effective organization plans for discrete, short-term projects and longer-term more complex initiatives or change efforts
- Team leaders
- Local, state, and federal leaders and program managers
- Facilitators and consultants
Course Length: One Day