Mastering the Technology of Participation (MToP)
Description: MToP is an intensive year-long training program in core ToP® methods for those wishing to significantly increase their skills in group facilitation. MToP deepens and increases the ease and enjoyment of using ToP® methods. MToP explores a variety of ways to apply each of the core ToP® methods. The program provides both a theoretical foundation and multiple opportunities for practice and feedback. There are assignments, opportunities to facilitate, mentoring support and conference calls between each quarterly intensive. MToP creates a supportive learning community of like-minded people who want to master facilitation to make a difference in the world. Participants develop a network of colleagues that have deep and meaningful connections with each other. While intense learning occurs, there are many opportunities for celebration.
The MToP faculty members are mentor trainers with extensive experience successfully using these methods in diverse organizations and communities.
- Deepen understanding of the core ToP® methodologies.
- Discover the rich and engaging theory underpinning the ToP® methods.
- Learn new applications and numerous facilitation tools.
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Receive opportunities for practice and feedback.
- Significantly increases professional facilitation skills.
- Builds capacity and confidence as a facilitator through extensive practice opportunities, coaching and peer mentoring.
- Provides a path to the facilitator’s certification and the trainer’s journey.
- Develops a powerful learning community that will continue beyond MToP.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Facilitators who want to master their knowledge of ToP® facilitation methods
- Those wanting to increase their competence and confidence in using ToP® methods
- Organizational leaders
- Organization development consultants
- Consultants and facilitators who want to prepare to become Certified ToP® Facilitators or Licensed Trainers of ToP® methods
Course Length: Year-long; three days each quarter. Twelve training days total plus monthly mentoring support
Prerequisites: ToP® Facilitation Methods and ToP® Strategic Planning