ToP Focused Conversation
Description: This common-sense approach leads naturally to a meaningful exchange of ideas and is helpful to conduct purposeful discussions, capture a group’s best thinking, stimulate candid feedback, surface new ideas and build creative solutions. Participants learn how to design and facilitate effective meetings. This method is helpful when gaining participation is key to success. It helps participants dive below the surface to explore the depth issues. Enables group members to be on the same page so they can take action. It can also be used by individuals dealing with controversial issues.
There are thousands of appropriate situations to use this tool, including:
- Decision making
- Managing and supervising
- Evaluating and reviewing
- Preparing, designing and planning
- Coaching and mentoring
- Interpreting information
- Celebrating and recognizing achievement
- Quickly reach a full picture of an individual’s or a group’s purpose, needs, and intentions.
- Create a shared awareness regarding a topic or issue.
- Gather pertinent information for important planning decisions.
- Integrate group knowledge and diverse points of view.
- Lead an engaging and highly participatory process.
- Fosters deeper understanding, alignment and inclusion among team members.
- Establishes a foundation for developing consensus and action.
- Increases a group’s awareness of each other’s perspectives, thoughts, emotions, interpretations and comfort in moving forward.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Those who want to lead meaningful and productive conversations
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
- Business leaders
- Local, state, and federal leaders and program managers
- Team leaders
Course Length: One day