ToP Facilitation Methods - Leadership Edition
Description: Teaches the three ToP® Facilitation Methodologies that are the basis for all other ToP® courses.
1. The ToP® Focused Conversation provides a context for meaningful communication. It is used to facilitate group discussions, which allow members to share diverse perspectives in a productive and non-confrontational manner. It’s helpful to move a group to action.
2. The ToP® Consensus Workshop facilitates group consensus-based decisions that respect the diversity of perspectives within the group, inspire individual action and move the group toward joint agreement and action.
3. The ToP® Action Planning process is an approach to planning an event or project. This process clarifies and delineates the tasks, and aligns the creativity, capabilities, interests and resources of the group. The group decides necessary actions, roles and responsibilities. The process builds group trust, support, enthusiasm, and consensus.
The focus is on learning participatory leadership skills to effectively lead in a team environment as well as lead multi-disciplinary collaborations and interagency projects. Provides effective methods to lead high-level policy discussions and decision-making essential for strategy development. Teaches proven ways to achieve group participation including effective conversations, gaining consensus and motivating action.
- Teaches a structured process to lead a meaningful exchange of ideas and make critical decisions together.
- Provides a framework to discuss and resolve difficult issues.
- Provides problem-solving techniques to bring many diverse ideas into a consensus.
- Develops action plans in a fraction of the time needed by traditional methods.
- Provides extensive opportunities to each participant for hands-on practice of all the methods, coaching from the trainers and feedback from other participants.
- Creates a rich, vibrant and comfortable coaching environment.
- Engage and motivate staff and team members.
- Save time and money with increased productivity.
- Produce confidence in leading staff and project teams.
- Heighten effectiveness in leading team communication and input sessions.
- Gain higher engagement, motivation, and greater results from teams.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Leaders with complex issues to resolve that need diversity of talent
- Leaders needing to align teams toward a shared vision
- Project managers and team leaders
- Local, state, and federal leaders and program managers
- Facilitators, trainers and consultants
Course Length: Three days